Here are a few suggestions on how to economize while you are
in Las Vegas.
- Room rates
are usually less if you stay downtown.
- If you get a casino Player's Card
you might get a letter
offering you better room rates for your next visit.
- Wait for the late-night specials
for great meal deals.
- If you do not have a fridge in your room,
a cooler can be very useful.
- Get coupons from magazines for savings on shows and meals.
Magazines to look for - What's On, Las Vegas Style, Today in Las Vegas
- Most of the shows are quite expensive....check out the lounge acts
(some do not have a cover-charge) . You can buy tickets for half-price on the day of the show, booths are at four locations (see tix4tonight )
- Transportation : If possible take the bus or trolley.
-- it is cheaper than a taxi. The Deuce offers a 24 hour pass for $2.50. There are some free shuttles -- between
Treasure Island and Mirage; from downtown to Sam's Town; from Hard Rock to Fashion Show Mall and Planet Hollywood; and a shuttle from Harrah's to the Rio.
A monorail links Mandalay Bay, Luxor and the Excalibur.
- Sightseeing for free - there are some
casino-hotels that you
really should see because of the unique architecture and
interior design --- Paris, New York-New York, Luxor, Excalibur,
MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay, Caesars Palace, Bellagio, Venetian.
- There are free shows available.
Check out :
- an erupting volcano at the Mirage
- Fremont Street Experience (downtown)
- Mystic Falls Park at Sam's Town
(take a free shuttle from downtown)
- Masquerade Village at the Rio
- in front of the Bellagio - dancing waters show
- inside Caesars at the Forum Shops - Atlantis show and moving
statues of the Gods
- Lake of Dreams at Wynn
- More information about sightseeing and free shows